Sunday, May 24, 2009

EAGLE OF THE MONTH






Oliver was chosen to be the Eagle of the month this month. This is when the teachers choose 1 child from their class who has done something to prove that he is worthy to be eagle of the month. In Olivers case, he has learned all his letters and numbers and is reading really well, which is why his teacher said that he was chosen. We as parents arent supposed to tell them when they are chosen. So I took Oliver over to the school on friday afternoon and to do this, I had to take him away from his precious Indiana Jones game on the Wii, and it is never a good idea to cut Oliver off from something he is doing without a fair amount of warning.. So he angrily walked over to the school with me, getting more and more irritated that i wouldnt tell him why we were going there. I had to laugh to myself because i know my son, and i know that as angry as he is, he is going to feel SO special when he gets there and he realizes that HE was chosen. Chosen to get a special award from the principal, that consists of 3 gift certificates to some great restaurants, he gets to choose his own pencil and airhead candy, and then he gets to stay and have a pizza party with all the other Eagles, and with the principal of the school. Thats pretty big time ya know? So when they called his name, i loved the look on his face as he proudly walked back to me holding his prizes, forgetting all about his anger, forgetting all about his indiana jones game for a minute. My little Oliver is his very own person. He is my big hearted, very passionate, very smart little man. And I sort of love the fact that im the only one who can steer around his many moods and know exactly what to say and what to do at any moment to make him smile.

4 comments:

  1. Lys, I LOVE that we can share twinner kids. I LOVE that I am not alone in my quest to 'smoothen' the edges. I always think of you when James is having one of those moments. I think to myself, "Lys told me it would get better. Lys told me it would get better." Then I picutre you laughing at me bc you've been in every trying situation I have. Then I laugh too bc your laugh in contagious - even in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you come over and work with Anders. i can't seem to figure that guy out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya right erin, hes the same as oliver, im only doing that once thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lysa, I just found your blog and read through your posts. Congratulations on this beautiful family of yours and Scotts. Where on earth does the time go? It's great to be in touch with you guys.
    Lets go run!

    ReplyDelete