Sunday, February 14, 2010

candlelight dinner


Here is proof Im not a total scrooge when it comes to the Valentine holiday... After learning our lesson of trying to go out to eat on Valentines Day, I decided last year to start our own tradition. So I make a candlelight dinner for my kids and for Scott. I cook a yummy dinner and serve them like they're at a restaurant. Salad first, entree, and then dessert. They love it and I love to see them sit at the dinner table for over an hour laughing and talking without any interruptions.

we had to hang a blanket in the window to make it dark bc Im not a patient person, and the sun just wasnt setting fast enough. But by the time we were half way through, it was totally dark out.

"Bon Appetite" {he loves to say this at every meal}


Then there was a potty break.



HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!






3 comments:

  1. I love that you do this every year!

    I love your impatience (and creativity) bc I acutally think the sheets make it more intimate. I am going to purchase & hang red ones next year around my table for dinner.

    I love that you took a picture of Bean going poop.

    I love that your kids are laughing and you stopped to capture it all.

    Happy Valentine's Day. In case you were wondering...I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce! Hopefully you got something good for yourself (ahem Scott-I'm sure he pulled through MOST of the Smiths do) for going through all this work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooooovvvvvveeeeee yyyyooooouuuuu!

    ReplyDelete