Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Leaf-es

Every year its tradition to go in the canyon and collect fall Leaf-es {as Soyer would say} This year my girls are using them for part of their reflections contest pictures. The theme is "Beauty is..." and they can do whatever they want with that. Izzy is making an Eagle out of fall leaves, the Eagle being the school mascott and all. And Senekah is just doing a collage of them. So we had more of a purpose this year to get them.
Its interesting to me to watch the kids moods change when they get around this beauty. When they're out in the fresh air with the ones they love and surrounded by gorgeous scenery. The smiles become bigger, the laughter becomes more prominent and they can barely stand still. As the mom, I take in these moments of peace and try to make them last as long as they can.
There is nothing like the autumn time in Utah {so sorry Kath} but nothing compares to it. Every time you get in your car to just run to the store, the mountains that surround you covered in color are so breathtaking you cant help have a warm feeling of appreciation for what you live in. {not to be mistaken by a warm fuzzy feeling of course, its not like that, nothing cheesy about it.}










































which way to go?? does it matter??








2 comments:

  1. Wow Lysa, I didn't know you were such a mountaineer. Maybe you should of married Gary. Without the protection of tornadoes I am one who could live without the mountains...... Although I do agree fall time is my favorite and I do love the leaves changing colors. I really love the bright vibrant colors of nature. (Gary would be proud)

    ReplyDelete