Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holiday randomness

Oliver loves to dress up. He creates all these outfits himself with things around the house. This is him being an indian for Thanksgiving. Notice the pheasant feather in the headband and the creative baby wipe for a loin cloth. That is an arrow in his hand.


This is the Cottonwood Heights Turkey trot 5k. It was fun and freezing. Not a great time for me but still a great time. {Erin, Scott, me and Stacie}

And you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout Im telling you why,..SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN!!! {again, this is Oliver}


Its beginning to look alot like Christmas!! First snowfall of the year!

I remember doing that as a kid, going out when it was dark outside and playing in the snow. I remember thinking I was getting away with something because it was dark and I just thought my parents forgot about my bedtime. Little did I know, It was probably about 6:30.





And of course the making and decorating of Christmas sugar cookies. These little gems are just way too pretty to share with any neighbors when were done, so we get to keep them all to ourselves.












Throw in a little Christmas piano recital at the festival of trees and you surely will get in the Christmas spirit. As long as you can ignore your two boys running around like rabid little beasts!














Soyer came home the other day so pleased with himself bc he learned to roll his own snowmen that day in school so he emptied his backpack, proclaimed he had no homework and ran out to make his men. He was so proud as was I. I couldnt believe he did it all with no help from anyone. Thats always a monumental moment when your kids can figure hard things out all by themselves. So here they are, his two new friends. {And yes those are 2x4's for the eyes and nose...and yes, he is wearing only socks outside.} Mother of the year.













Then the next day, 5 minutes before school he whipped out the homework that he hid from me to go make the snowmen and said, "MOM, you forgot to help me with my homework!" Needless to say, Soyer wont be going out to enjoy his snowmen for a few days...










No comments:

Post a Comment