Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Smile : )

Well I did it. I signed up for a marathon. What was I thinking?? Well a couple of things. First of all, I have to do it. I just have to. At least once. I cannot die until I have run at least one marathon. Second, Im a nervous wreck when I do half's. Just ask my sisters about my stinky issues the night before a race. I have issues. {That's a given} And when I told my sister about my registering, she laughed and said "I thought you hated races and you were never doing one again!" Because thats what I mumble over and over the week before any race I sign up for. I need to run a marathon so that any and all half marathons will become "Fun" to me. Not a potty issue. I figure, If I go further then I ever have before, that I wont worry about any distance again. And third, I want to be like that girl. The one at the top of the page. When I look at that picture, I feel her freedom, I feel her exhilaration, I feel her strength and endurance, I feel her sense of accomplishment and love for life..I feel her smile. The smile that only comes from running. The smile that I never want to lose.. The smile that Im so grateful everyday I have found.

And when Im old and I look like this lady, I want to still be running, without my teeth, just like her..Still running...Still smiling.

3 comments:

  1. Make my cry. Make me laugh. You're awesome! So glad I can share the running experience with you. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo woo! I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete